Lipinski Invites High School Students
To Submit Artwork for 2019
Congressional Art Competition
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Dan Lipinski (IL-3) is now accepting submissions from all high school students in the Third Congressional District of Illinois for the 2019 Congressional Art Competition.
The winning entry will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year, and the winner will receive two round-trip tickets to travel to Washington, D.C., in June for the exhibition opening. Runners-up will have their artwork displayed prominently in Congressman Lipinski’s offices for one year.
All submissions must include the Student Information and Release Form.
- All artwork must be two-dimensional
- Each piece can be no larger than 26” x 26” x 4”, including the frame
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 pounds
- Each entry must be completely original and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws
- Accepted media for artwork are as follows:
Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, charcoal, ink, markers, pastels, charcoal
Prints: lithographs, silk screen, block prints
Mixed Media: use of more than two media such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (that is, not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
All entries must be received at one of the Congressman’s district offices, located in Chicago, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, and Lockport, by Friday, April 12, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact the Congressman’s Chicago office at (773) 948-6223, or go online to lipinski.house.gov.