Clifton Health Department
Presents Its First Annual
Cream of the Crop Awards
NEW JERSEY – The Clifton Health Department has created the Cream of the Crop award to recognize qualified retail food establishments in the City of Clifton that are dedicated to food safety and sanitation standards. The recipients were recognized at the March 12, 2019 Board of Health meeting held at Clifton City Hall.
Retail food establishments must meet all seven eligibility criteria to qualify. In order to be eligible and receive the Cream of the Crop award, a retail food establishment must:
- Possess a valid food retail license.
- Be a Risk Type III (A Risk Type 3 Food Establishment has an extensive menu which requires adhering to advance food safety practices including cooking, cooling, and reheating at least three or more potentially hazardous foods).
- Actively be involved in the sale of food items, prepared on site, to the public.
- Must have 36 consecutive months of satisfactory ratings in accordance with the New Jersey State Administrative Code (Chapter 24) and City of Clifton local ordinances for a Risk Type 3 Food Establishment.
- Must have a person on staff that is in possession of a Food Protection Manager certificate from one of three courses recognized by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Must have a history of consistent compliance and dedication in regards to food safety and sanitation standards.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in regards to food borne disease and illness prevention, HAACP principles, and the requirements set forth in NJAC 8:24 Chapter 24.
The following restaurants were recognized:
- Alexus Steakhouse & Tavern, 955 Valley Rd., 07013
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill, 375 Route 3 East, 07014
- China House, 402 Lexington Ave., 07011
- Chris Casey & Company, 157 5th Ave., 07011
- Con Sabor A Peru, 109 Lakeview Ave., 07011
- Happy Garden, 1154 Main Ave., 07011
- Henry’s Delicatessen, 1224 Van Houten Ave., 07013
- Homemade Pirogi, 1295 Main Ave., 07011
- Instanbul Café & Restaurant, 1378 A Main Ave., 07011
- It’s Greek To Me, 852 Route 3 West, 07012
- Jaimito’s O.K. Rico Restaurant, 389 Lexington Ave., 07011
- Jamie’s Restaurant, 915 Bloomfield Ave., 07012
- La Nona Restaurant, 405 Lexington Ave., 07011
- Mario’s Restaurant, 710 Van Houten Ave., 07013
- Matthew’s Italian Restaurant, 1131 Bloomfield Ave., 07012
- Mighty Quinns BBQ, 850 Route 3 West, 07012
- Noches De Colombia, 1 Village Square East, 07011
- Rutt’s Hut, 413-417 River Rd., 07014
- Shannon Rose Irish Pub, 98 Kingsland Rd., 07014
- Sodexo Operations 77 River Rd., 07014
- Spuntino Italian Tapas & Wine Bar, 70 Kinsgland Rd., 07014
- T.G.I. Friday’s, 826 Route 3 West, 07012
- The New Corral, 499 Hazel St., 07011
- Uno Chicago Grill, 426 Route 3 West, 07014
- Valley Regency, 109 Valley Rd., 07013
- Villa Pizza, 290 Lakeview Ave., 07011
- Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar, 850 Route 3 West, 07012
The Clifton Health Department is a contractual health agency serving the Township of Little Falls.