- Philadelphia Pulaski Day ParadePosted 3 days ago
- Clinton Staff Bigotry Mostly IgnoredPosted 1 week ago
- Check Out October Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Post-Communist or Truly Free Poland?Posted 3 weeks ago
- Yahoo Playing Games With CatholicsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rabid Raccoon Alert In CliftonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Donald Trump’s Speech To P.A.C.Posted 3 weeks ago
- KF President ResignsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Polish American Congress And PolandPosted 2 months ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 4 months ago
Connecticut State Polka – Unforgettable Celebration
of the Official Connecticut State Polka “The Ballroom” At The Historic Hartford CT Polish National Home
CONNECTICUT – After seven persistent years of advocacy, along with the dedicated commitment of Ct. St. Rep. Linda Gentile, Mr. Peter Danielczuk successfully had Ray Henry’s Ballroom Polka proclaimed the official Connecticut State Polka.
In photo on right: CT State Representative Linda Gentile presenting Peter J. Danielczuk a proclamation from CT Governor Daniel Malloy naming the Ballroom Polka the Official Polka of Connecticut.
A celebration was held on November 3rd at the Polish National Home in Hartford, CT honoring Mr. Danielczuk, Ray Henry tribute committee chairman Ed Satkowski, a reading of Gov. Daniel Malloy’s proclamation by Linda Gentile, and the Ballroom Polka and many original Ray Henry classics played by the sensational Ray Henry Tribute Band organized by Dennis Polisky and Joe Milardo. Both Dennis and Joe were extended Ray Henry band members in addition to being close friends with The Polka Maestro. Featured in front of the band was an elaborate display of Ray Henry memorabilia presented by Ed Satkowski. The Ray Henry Tribute Band featured Jim Turek and Andy Galarneau on trumpets; Dennis Polisky, Greg Dolecki and Jim Bednarczyk on woodwinds; Stan Scott on accordion; Ron Pezda on drums; Joey Milardo on bass and Eddie Skinger on vocals.
The Hartford PNH featured Ray Henry in the main ballroom for so many live radio broadcasts on WTIC in addition to countless dances upstairs in the main ballroom and the downstairs restaurant dance area. It truly was a remarkable experience for so many Ray Henry and polka fans.
In photo on left: L-R: Dennis Polisky, Connecticut Congressman John Larson and Peter J. Danielczuk at the Polish National Home, Hartford, CT
The polka fans sincerely thank Peter Danielczuk, Linda Gentile, Ed Satkowski, Dennis Polisky, Joey Milardo, the tribute band members and the Hartford Polish National Home for this “Everlasting” memory.
By John Z.