- Sharing Our May 3rd ConstitutionPosted 4 days ago
- Book Expo To Feature PolandPosted 4 days ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 6 days ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 weeks ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Two Different Polands?Posted 4 weeks ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 2 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 6 months ago
U.S. National Team To Face
El Salvador In Baltimore
The U.S. Men’s National Team clinched first place in Group C of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup with a 1-0 victory against Costa Rica at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn. Midfielder Brek Shea, who came on in the 77th minute, scored his first international goal. It was off a breakaway with eight minutes left in regulation time. The victory was the eighth in a row, setting an all-time record for consecutive wins for the U.S. Men’s National Team.
In photo above: Chris Wondolowski scored three goals in the U.S. Men’s National Team victory 6-1 over Belize in a prelim 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup game. Photo courtesy of U.S. Soccer
In the previous match Chris Wondolowski scored twice to raise his goal total to five and the United States came from behind to beat Cuba 4-1 in Sandy, Utah. After going down a goal in the first half, the U.S. Men’s National Team scored four consecutive times to seal its spot in the quarterfinals of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Landon Donovan and Joe Corona got the other tallies for the Americans. Donovan’s goal, on a penalty kick, was his 53rd international score.
The USA will face El Salvador in the Quarterfinal on Sunday, July 21 at 4 p.m. E.S.T. at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Md. The game will be televised live on FOX and Univision.
By Jacek Adamski