- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 1 week ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 1 week ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
U.S. National Team To Face
El Salvador In Baltimore
The U.S. Men’s National Team clinched first place in Group C of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup with a 1-0 victory against Costa Rica at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn. Midfielder Brek Shea, who came on in the 77th minute, scored his first international goal. It was off a breakaway with eight minutes left in regulation time. The victory was the eighth in a row, setting an all-time record for consecutive wins for the U.S. Men’s National Team.
In photo above: Chris Wondolowski scored three goals in the U.S. Men’s National Team victory 6-1 over Belize in a prelim 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup game. Photo courtesy of U.S. Soccer
In the previous match Chris Wondolowski scored twice to raise his goal total to five and the United States came from behind to beat Cuba 4-1 in Sandy, Utah. After going down a goal in the first half, the U.S. Men’s National Team scored four consecutive times to seal its spot in the quarterfinals of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Landon Donovan and Joe Corona got the other tallies for the Americans. Donovan’s goal, on a penalty kick, was his 53rd international score.
The USA will face El Salvador in the Quarterfinal on Sunday, July 21 at 4 p.m. E.S.T. at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Md. The game will be televised live on FOX and Univision.
By Jacek Adamski