- Media Distort’s Pope’s WordsPosted 4 days ago
- Vendors Wanted!Posted 1 week ago
- New! 2016 “Polka Dreams @ Sea 2″ Polka CruisePosted 1 week ago
- The Future of WarPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check out June Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Swingman At Bliss, June 12thPosted 4 weeks ago
- CEPA Launches New Warsaw OfficePosted 1 month ago
- Poland Has A New President!Posted 1 month ago
- Overcoming Stagnant Wages:Posted 2 months ago
- Great Expectations?Posted 2 months ago
The Michigan Beat 6-4-14
There is once again a lot to talk about this month. Still going way back to the end of March! There was a live webcast with the Houston Accordion Performances – Heritage Art Productions. Alex Meixner taught accordion lessons to over 400 accordion students!
Lenny Gomulka will be hosting a trip to Poland. Please see information on this trip and lots more from this band at www.chicagopush.com .
Chicago, Illinois held its traditional Easter “Swieconka” Dinner Dance at Polonia Banquets with Tony Blazonczyk’s New Phaze. The beginning of May was Polish Constitution Day with Polka Family and Talisman Norteno. Mother’s Day there was a Dinner Dance with Jimmy Kilian & Honky Express. See more details at www.belairerecords.com .
In Grand Rapids, Michigan on Mother’s Day, there was a Polish Buffet at The Polka Pops Cafe. The food at this eatery is prepared by “that Polish Girl”. It was reported that there was a great crowd and everyone had an enjoyable time.
The new K of C in Grand Rapids, Michigan held their first ever polka dance. There was a wonderful crowd and everyone had a great time. There was lots of good food, a silent auction and a polka band – Eastside Sound from Grand Rapids, MI. The Grand Knight of this new council is Carl Kaczmarski.
Note: Please let me know if you ever have anything that you would like to have in this column. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember if you don’t see your information, you will see it in my column the next month. The Michigan Beat really enjoys getting and reporting all of your information.