- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 1 day ago
- Message of Support To PolandPosted 3 days ago
- Check Out June Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rally for U.S. Military Presence In PolandPosted 4 weeks ago
- Clifton Health Dept. Issues Rabies AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 month ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 2 months ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 4 months ago
The Michigan Beat 3-6-13
There is a lot to talk about, so let’s get started.
Tony Blazonczyk’s New Phase from Chicago, Illinois played at the Pulaski Hall in Bay City, MI. There were also two other bands playing at this location, Ray Jay & The Carousels and Jimmy K’s Ethnic Jazz. This was all for Valentine’s Day.
Molly B. & Squeeze Box has spent the entire month on the road playing in Michigan, Wisconsin, California, Arizona, Texas, and finally performing on a Caribbean Cruise. They did 24 shows and covered over 9,000 miles!
Steve Meisner has a new recording entitled Meisner Time. There are eighteen songs in total. All are great for listening and dancing. This is great for your polka music collection. Visit www.stevemeisner.com .
Lenny Gomulka is going to have a Dyngus Day trip in April. He will also have a Lucky Seven trip. For more information call (413) 374-7096.
The Mid West Polka Group (myself Ryan Krygier included), with the Ray Watkoski Family Band out of Grand Rapids, MI took a trip in January to an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. There were 47 people on this trip including a few polka DJ’s from Michigan.
Fat Tuesday events in west Michigan: On the Lake shore, Polka DJ’s Tom & Mary Amy Sanocki hosted a dance. In Grand Rapids, MI there was a paczki eating contest at a grocery store along with live Polka music. In the evening, one of the K of C Halls in Grand Rapids, Michigan hosted a Polka dance with local Polka band, The Diddle Styx.
One of the longest running Polka radio shows in Grand Rapids, MI, Gerry & Ernie’s Polka Pops, held a tribute show this month (from 1980 till 1998); beginning its run on AM radio 810 WJPW and ending on AM 1530 WYGR. This station in Wyoming, MI still airs “The Polka Pops” today. The show is also aired on FM 94.9 . And you can hear it live from 2:00 – 3:00 P.M. Sat. & Sun. on the internet at polkapops.com .
If you have anything going on anywhere in the mid-west, please let me know. Contact me today at email@example.com or at 258 Thornridge CT NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.