- First Concert At Chopin Garden In Grant Park!Posted 5 days ago
- Poland’s PM Tusk Becomes EU PresidentPosted 1 week ago
- PAC Calls For U.S. Leadership At NATO SummitPosted 3 weeks ago
- Polish American Family Festival And Country Fair This WeekendPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 4 weeks ago
- “Our Kids” Fundraiser Set For Sept. 6thPosted 1 month ago
- A Caribbean Polka Party In 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Check Out September Horoscope!Posted 2 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 6 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 8 months ago
The Michigan Beat 2-5-14
Another month has gone by and I hope everyone attended lots of great polka and also Polish events, especially since it was National Polka Month. Always remember… if you have anything that you would like to see in this column “The Michigan Beat”, please get it to me as soon as possible by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by US Mail at 258 Thornridge Ct. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. I always look forward to hearing from you, and covering any polka or Polish events that you may have going on.
In January, American’s Concertina King, Jersey Polka Richie, opened the winter polka dance calender in Vero Beach, Florida with their first dance of the season at the Polish / American Social Club. Food could be bought at this dance and at each monthly dance that they will have through the winter polka dance season in the sunny, warm state of Florida. If your in the area, check out the dances that this club has coming up this polka dance season.
A little side note… Please continue to read the Post Eagle newspaper for information on an upcoming trip to an ALL Inclusive Resort (Ocean Blue) in the Dominican Republic that Jersey Polka Richie and other bands have been asked to play at in November of this year.
Now on to Chicago, Ill. Bel-Aire Records had 20% off all polkas at their on-line store in honor of National Polka Month. Glendora House in Chicago had their Lucky Lottery Dance on January 26th. On March 2nd (coming up) they will be having their Pack The Pantry Dance with Freeze Dried and more bands to follow.
Finally, The Michigan Beat will be heading to an ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT in Mexico with The Mid West Polka Group out of Grand Rapids, MI. I will be on this trip when you the subscribers of The Post Eagle are reading this column. There is a large group going as well as many polka musicians. The band heading this trip up is the Ray Watkoski Family Band out of Grand Rapids, MI.