- The SaintPosted 1 week ago
- Dorothea Dul Passes OnPosted 1 week ago
- Attention Clifton Restaurant Owners!Posted 2 weeks ago
- The Return of the Polish QuestionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check out WYD 2016 video!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Check Out July Horoscope!Posted 1 month ago
- Every Summer Has A StoryPosted 1 month ago
- Time To Stand Behind The PolicePosted 1 month ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 2 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 2 months ago
The Michigan Beat 2-5-14
Another month has gone by and I hope everyone attended lots of great polka and also Polish events, especially since it was National Polka Month. Always remember… if you have anything that you would like to see in this column “The Michigan Beat”, please get it to me as soon as possible by email at email@example.com or by US Mail at 258 Thornridge Ct. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. I always look forward to hearing from you, and covering any polka or Polish events that you may have going on.
In January, American’s Concertina King, Jersey Polka Richie, opened the winter polka dance calender in Vero Beach, Florida with their first dance of the season at the Polish / American Social Club. Food could be bought at this dance and at each monthly dance that they will have through the winter polka dance season in the sunny, warm state of Florida. If your in the area, check out the dances that this club has coming up this polka dance season.
A little side note… Please continue to read the Post Eagle newspaper for information on an upcoming trip to an ALL Inclusive Resort (Ocean Blue) in the Dominican Republic that Jersey Polka Richie and other bands have been asked to play at in November of this year.
Now on to Chicago, Ill. Bel-Aire Records had 20% off all polkas at their on-line store in honor of National Polka Month. Glendora House in Chicago had their Lucky Lottery Dance on January 26th. On March 2nd (coming up) they will be having their Pack The Pantry Dance with Freeze Dried and more bands to follow.
Finally, The Michigan Beat will be heading to an ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT in Mexico with The Mid West Polka Group out of Grand Rapids, MI. I will be on this trip when you the subscribers of The Post Eagle are reading this column. There is a large group going as well as many polka musicians. The band heading this trip up is the Ray Watkoski Family Band out of Grand Rapids, MI.