- Check Out June Horoscope!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Rally for U.S. Military Presence In PolandPosted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Health Dept. Issues Rabies AlertPosted 3 weeks ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 month ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 2 months ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 4 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 8 months ago
The Michigan Beat 12-25-13
Let’s get started with our Christmas column.. The Christmas Program that took place this year at Sacred Heart Academy Catholic School in Grand Rapids, MI was simply amazing! It was something that I (this writer) will not soon forget! The 7th & 8th grade students sang the Polish song Serdeczna Matko as it is sung in church. I (this writer) was able to sing along in Polish as well as English. All of the students in the program (grades Kindergarten though 8th grade) did a really good job.
In polka news this month, Alex Meixner has a lot going on with shows in Ohio, Michigan, the states of PA and VA. The performance in Michigan took place in Frankenmuth. This is where the Summer Music Festival takes place each August that you read about in my column (The Michigan Beat) each month. Staying near Michigan but going to Wisconsin, Steve Meisner has things happening as well. Steve had deals for everyone on Black Friday & Cyber Monday. He had free shipping on orders for $25.00 or more… if made by Christmas. Staying in the same state, the band Gary Ridgeland Dutchman played at the Mill Road Banquet Room in Galesville, WI.
The band, The Maestro’s Men from the state of CT, played on December 8th for a dinner dance party which was held at St. Joseph Polish Club in Colchester, CT. This event was complete with Polish Carols & a Kolendy Sing Along. December 13th this band (The Maestro’s Men) was also on a internet show live at www.redhotpolkas.com .
Note: If you have anything that you would like me to report on, please let me know. I will do my best to get it in the next column after I get the information. Please email information to me at email@example.com or send information to me at 258 Thornridge, CT NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. Waiting to hear from you, so I can help with whatever you have going on.