- Founder of Modernistics Orch. Passes OnPosted 3 days ago
- Ice Survival TipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Pulaski’s Birthday To Be CommemoratedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Little Known Episode of World War IIPosted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Check Out January Horoscope!Posted 1 month ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Getting St. Nicholas RightPosted 1 month ago
- The Chesterton Institute In Poland 2014Posted 1 month ago
The Michigan Beat 10-9-13
Lots to talk about this month.
Saturday, September 7th there was the Concert on The Green at Sacred Heart Academy in Grand Rapids, MI. The music at this event was provided by Christopher Dupont. This was a great family event, with many families attending from Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish and from the school, Sacred Heart Academy. There was also plenty to eat – Kapusta Burgers, Hamburgers & Hot Dogs. Everyone enjoyed themselves!
The Holy Spirit Community Festival was held recently in Grand Rapids, MI. The Ray Watkoski Family Band (polka music) played at the Polka Mass which was held in church and then at the festival. There was also great Polish food, raffles, and a rock band called Trilogy.
That same weekend America’s Concertina King, Jersey Polka Richie was also in Michigan, playing in Traver City. This town is about two hours north of this writer’s city. Jersey Polka Richie played to a large public crowd and also at a private party. Jersey Polka Richie stayed for two nights with this writer in Grand Rapids, MI before returning to his home in Florida.
This is the season for Oktoberfests in Michigan and around the country. Alex Meixner played in Frankenmuth, Michigan, Hoboken, NJ and then the party continued on Long Island with Alex and seven other bands. Dennis Polisky Maestro’s Men played in Hunter, NY for a German Alp’s Festival and also in Guilford, CT at the Fair Grounds.
Steve Meisner played at the Wisconsin State Fair… his 20th year in a row! This event was to a packed crowd. For the next six weeks Steve Meisner and the band will be playing Oktoberfest events in Wisconsin. One of these events, the band has been playing there for thirty five years!
Remember, if you have anything for me to report on, please let me know. The Michigan Beat can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at 258 Thornridge CT. NW Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504.