- Demolition of St. Laurentius ChurchPosted 1 day ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 6 days ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 7 days ago
- IL Taxpayers Urged To Register. . .Posted 2 weeks ago
- Freedom Must Never Be CompromisedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out MARCH Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 3 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 3 months ago
The Life and Times of Polka Music’s
Living Legend Jimmy Sturr Autobiography “POLKA KING”
Benbella Publishing of Dallas, Texas has just released Jimmy Sturr’s autobiography called “Polka King”, the life and times of Polka music’s living legend. The most important Polka musician of his generation, Jimmy Sturr has won an eye-popping 18 Grammy awards, and when you hear his exuberant brand of music, you’ll understand why. His modernized renditions of Polka standards and Rock classics have captured the imagination (and feet) of listeners throughout the world.
Jimmy shares lively and often times hilarious stories chronicling everything from his upbringing in the one-stop light village of Florida, N.Y., to how he became a respected bandleader, entrepreneur, and Grammy winner he is today.
He takes you into the recording studio and onto the stage where he has shared the microphone with the likes of Willie Nelson, The Oak Ridge Boys, Bela Fleck, Alison Kraus, Arlo Guthrie, Ray Price, Mel Tillis and Charlie Daniels, all along, reminding you that, while he’s the boy who made it, he’s never forgotten where he came from.
With personal stories by friends and music legends, Willie Nelson, Bobby Vinton and Bill Anderson, Polka King introduces a one-of-a-kind artist who has taken one of the world’s most beloved musical genres, and made it his own.
The book is available at $24.95 plus $4.50 shipping & handling. Send to JS Productions, Box 1, Florida, N.Y. 10921 or call 1-800-724-0727.
– United Polka Artists