- 2015 US Open Goes Polish!Posted 15 hours ago
- Check out August Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Poland’s Blueberry GoldPosted 4 weeks ago
- Sociologist Appeals To Polonia About Its FuturePosted 2 months ago
- Clifton Summer Concert SeriesPosted 2 months ago
- Vendors Wanted!Posted 2 months ago
- New! 2016 “Polka Dreams @ Sea 2″
Polka Cruise Set For January 30thPosted 2 months ago
- Swingman At Bliss, June 12thPosted 3 months ago
- CEPA Launches New Warsaw OfficePosted 3 months ago
- Poland Has A New President!Posted 3 months ago
The Life and Times of Polka Music’s
Living Legend Jimmy Sturr Autobiography “POLKA KING”
Benbella Publishing of Dallas, Texas has just released Jimmy Sturr’s autobiography called “Polka King”, the life and times of Polka music’s living legend. The most important Polka musician of his generation, Jimmy Sturr has won an eye-popping 18 Grammy awards, and when you hear his exuberant brand of music, you’ll understand why. His modernized renditions of Polka standards and Rock classics have captured the imagination (and feet) of listeners throughout the world.
Jimmy shares lively and often times hilarious stories chronicling everything from his upbringing in the one-stop light village of Florida, N.Y., to how he became a respected bandleader, entrepreneur, and Grammy winner he is today.
He takes you into the recording studio and onto the stage where he has shared the microphone with the likes of Willie Nelson, The Oak Ridge Boys, Bela Fleck, Alison Kraus, Arlo Guthrie, Ray Price, Mel Tillis and Charlie Daniels, all along, reminding you that, while he’s the boy who made it, he’s never forgotten where he came from.
With personal stories by friends and music legends, Willie Nelson, Bobby Vinton and Bill Anderson, Polka King introduces a one-of-a-kind artist who has taken one of the world’s most beloved musical genres, and made it his own.
The book is available at $24.95 plus $4.50 shipping & handling. Send to JS Productions, Box 1, Florida, N.Y. 10921 or call 1-800-724-0727.
– United Polka Artists