- Rabid Raccoon Alert In CliftonPosted 2 days ago
- Donald Trump’s Speech To P.A.C.Posted 3 days ago
- KF President ResignsPosted 1 week ago
- Check Out September Horoscope!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Polish American Congress And PolandPosted 1 month ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 3 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 7 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 11 months ago
Sharon Stone Awarded Peace Prize In Warsaw
Stone received the award “for her activities that brought solidarity and new hope to the millions of people who have fought and are fighting against the tragedy of HIV/AIDS.”
The actress paid tribute to late actress Elizabeth Taylor, who was one of the first in Hollywood to take up the cause in the early 1980s.
Stone said that if it was not for her “friend, the great fighter Elizabeth Taylor, we would still be saying the word AIDs in a whisper, as if it was a secret.”
She stressed that AIDs remains a vast challenge across the globe.
“A child still dies every minute [from AIDS],” Stone said.
“Please, everyone, reach out and show what you’re able to do,” she implored.
The 13th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates was attended by former Peace Prize-winners including the Dalai Lama himself, and Polish laureate Lech Walesa.
The separate Peace Summit Prize has been won in the past by such figures as rock star Bono and actors Sean Penn and George Clooney. (nh/pg)
– Polskie Radio