- Founder of Modernistics Orch. Passes OnPosted 3 days ago
- Ice Survival TipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Pulaski’s Birthday To Be CommemoratedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Little Known Episode of World War IIPosted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Check Out January Horoscope!Posted 1 month ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Getting St. Nicholas RightPosted 1 month ago
- The Chesterton Institute In Poland 2014Posted 1 month ago
Relay for Life Kicks Off In Clifton
CLIFTON, NJ – Local residents gathered on 1/20/13 at the Senior Citizen Center in Clifton to hear about the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event coming to Clifton on June 8, 2013. The Relay for Life kick-off was the start to the American Cancer Society’s season-long effort in creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures and by fighting back.
Guests were greeted by Melissa Vogel, Barbara Maak and Kristen Hariton of Clifton, Relay for Life chairmen. Clifton resident Deb Servidio shared her story as a cancer survivor. Those who attended learned how their participation in the nationwide movement benefits lifesaving American Cancer Society research. The VEGAS theme for the Clifton Relay will have all participants rallying to Don’t Bet on Cancer, Bet on A Cure. The official RFL Elvis presented gifts and took pictures with the guests.
Relay for Life is a unique volunteer community event that allows participants from all walks of life to join together in the fight against cancer. Relay For Life is an overnight celebration where teams camp out, and take turns walking around a track “relay” style. At nightfall, participants light hundreds of luminaria candles around the track in a touching ceremony honoring cancer survivors as well as paying tribute to those lost to the disease.
The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life in Clifton will be held at Clifton Stadium, Day Street and Route 46 on June 8-9, 2013. To find out how to form a Relay for Life team, or to volunteer, please call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 or visit relayforlife.org. If you want to learn more about ACS and the services they provide, please visit cancer.org. If you are a cancer survivor, please register on the website and join us for our Survivor Lap on Relay day.