- First Concert At Chopin Garden In Grant Park!Posted 4 days ago
- Poland’s PM Tusk Becomes EU PresidentPosted 1 week ago
- PAC Calls For U.S. Leadership At NATO SummitPosted 2 weeks ago
- Polish American Family Festival And Country Fair This WeekendPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 3 weeks ago
- “Our Kids” Fundraiser Set For Sept. 6thPosted 1 month ago
- A Caribbean Polka Party In 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Check Out September Horoscope!Posted 2 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 6 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 8 months ago
Relay for Life Kicks Off In Clifton
CLIFTON, NEW JERSEY – Local residents gathered on a snowy Saturday (1/25/14) at the Senior Citizen Center in Clifton to hear about the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event coming to Clifton on May 31, 2014. The Relay for Life kick-off was the start to the American Cancer Society’s season-long effort in creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures and by fighting back.
In photo on right: CHAIRMEN: L to R – Barbara Maak, Melissa Vogel, Kristen Hariton. Decorated with a birthday theme, guests were greeted by Melissa Vogel, Barbara Maak and Kristen Hariton of Clifton, Relay for Life chairmen.
Clifton resident Theresa Colon shared her story as a cancer survivor. Those who attended learned how their participation in the nationwide movement benefits lifesaving American Cancer Society research. The “What A Difference A Decade Makes” theme for the Clifton Relay will have all participants rallying to celebrate the 10th birthday of the Relay for Life of Clifton.
Relay for Life is a unique volunteer community event that allows participants from all walks of life to join together in the fight against cancer. Relay For Life is an overnight celebration where teams camp out, and take turns walking around a track “relay” style. At nightfall, participants light hundreds of luminaria candles around the track in a touching ceremony honoring cancer survivors as well as paying tribute to those lost to the disease.
To learn more about the Clifton event, form a team or volunteer to help, please visit relayforlife.org/cliftonnj.
In photo on right: L to R: Jane Beck, Theresa Colon, Laura Byrouty, Adele Gimon at the Paint the Town Purple Expo Table.
If you want to learn more about ACS and the services they provide, please visit cancer.org. If you are a cancer survivor, please register on the website and join us for our Survivor Lap on Relay day.