- Rabies Alert In Clifton!Posted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 – Year of KosciuszkoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out February Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Centennial Events!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Truth About German Nazi CampsPosted 4 weeks ago
- The NATO-Russia Exercise
Gap… Then, Now, & 2017Posted 3 months ago
- Nothing’s Impossible Says WisniewskiPosted 3 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 8 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 1 year ago
President of Poland Awards Medal
To Virginia Skrzyniarz, VP Piast Institute
HAMTRAMCK, MICHIGAN – On June 11, 2013 the Cavalier’s Cross of the Order of Merit awarded by the President of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski to Virginia Skrzyniarz, Executive Vice President of the Piast Institute for her lifetime work in the support and promotion of Polish culture and her activity to the flourishing of Polonia was awarded. The presentation was made by Paulina Kapuscinska, Consul General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago in his name in a special ceremony at the Piast Institute.
In photo on right: Virginia Skrzyniarz with Thaddeus Radzilowski, PhD (Piast President).
In presenting the medal Consul General Kapuscinska cited Ms. Skrzyniarz’s work over decades for Poland and Polonia from extraordinary assistance to individuals such as immigrants needing help with agencies and support in cases of illnesses and emergencies and assistance dealing with public and private bureaucracies. She was instrumental in bringing over 70 Polish students to the U.S., arranging plays, exhibits, programs, and lectures in over a dozen states and providing technical assistance to Polonia organizations in the Midwest. Almost all of the work was done without remunuation, she noted. The ceremony which was attended by over 50 invited guests was accompanied by a champagne reception. The attendees including state and local elected official, representatives of Polonia organizations and family, friends, and associates of Ms. Skrzyniarz.