- Veterans Turn Uniforms Into Paper, ArtPosted 4 days ago
- Polka Variety Dance Draws Big Crowd!Posted 5 days ago
- Ten Commandments Victory In OklahomaPosted 1 month ago
- Poland’s PM Tusk Becomes EU PresidentPosted 2 months ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 2 months ago
- A Caribbean Polka Party In 2014Posted 3 months ago
- Check Out October Horoscope!Posted 4 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 8 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 10 months ago
Polonian New York Symposium, Sat. Oct. 12th
NEW YORK – On October 12, 2013 (Saturday), the Pilsudski Institute will hold a third symposium Polonian New York. The program will be divided in two parts.
In the first part, conducted in Polish, Prof. Anna Jaroszyński-Kirchman of Eastern Connecticut State University will present a paper about post-war Polish diaspora in the world; Prof. Mariusz Wołos from the Pedagogical University of Cracow will be talking about General Boleslaw Wieniawa-Długoszowski; and Krzysztof Langowski from the Institute of National Remembrance will discuss the creation and founding of the Pilsudski Institute of America.
In the second part of the conference, we will host students of Polish origin, who will present in English their research projects on Polish affairs. They are Luiza Newlin-Lukowicz (NYU), Piotr Puchalski (NYU) and Agnieszka Loop (City College).
The conference will be held at the Institute at 180 Second Avenue, New York, NY. It will last from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.. There will be a reception after the meeting. We welcome your participation. We encourage you to raise awareness about the Polish Americans in New York. Book your time. Come and invite your colleagues, friends and family.
The symposium is funded by a grant from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Poland. Registration is required via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 212 505-9077.
– The Pilsudski Institute