- Two Nations DishonoredPosted 2 days ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- May Horoscope!Posted 2 weeks ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 1 month ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 2 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 2 months ago
- Two Different Polands?Posted 2 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 3 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 7 months ago
Polonian New York Symposium, Sat. Oct. 12th
NEW YORK – On October 12, 2013 (Saturday), the Pilsudski Institute will hold a third symposium Polonian New York. The program will be divided in two parts.
In the first part, conducted in Polish, Prof. Anna Jaroszyński-Kirchman of Eastern Connecticut State University will present a paper about post-war Polish diaspora in the world; Prof. Mariusz Wołos from the Pedagogical University of Cracow will be talking about General Boleslaw Wieniawa-Długoszowski; and Krzysztof Langowski from the Institute of National Remembrance will discuss the creation and founding of the Pilsudski Institute of America.
In the second part of the conference, we will host students of Polish origin, who will present in English their research projects on Polish affairs. They are Luiza Newlin-Lukowicz (NYU), Piotr Puchalski (NYU) and Agnieszka Loop (City College).
The conference will be held at the Institute at 180 Second Avenue, New York, NY. It will last from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.. There will be a reception after the meeting. We welcome your participation. We encourage you to raise awareness about the Polish Americans in New York. Book your time. Come and invite your colleagues, friends and family.
The symposium is funded by a grant from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Poland. Registration is required via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 212 505-9077.
– The Pilsudski Institute