- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 1 day ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 2 days ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 5 days ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 5 days ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 5 days ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 5 days ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 5 days ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
Polonia Must Act To Drop Visas For Poland
Polish Americans Have Won Half The Battle On Visas, But The House Must Pass The Senate Immigration Bill
Now that the United States Senate voted 68 to 32 to pass Sen. Schumer’s immigration bill, it must pass the House of Representatives before Poland will be included in the Visa Waiver Program. We are pleased that New York’s Polish community persuaded Schumer to help drop visas for Poland. It proves what Polonia can do when it sticks together.
The Polish Community across the United States now must get their members of Congress and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to pass the immigration bill. Rep. Boehner must allow the bill to go to the floor of the House for a vote. It aims to secure America’s borders, penalize employers who hire illegal immigrants, and provide a roadmap for immigrants to legally become American citizens. It would also drop the visa requirement for Poles who want to visit the United States as tourists.
So call and write to your Congressmen! If you don’t know what to write, what to say, or who your Congressman is, you can find this information by clicking this link to The Kosciuszko Foundation web site: thekf.org
If all Polish-Americans speak up, Congress will not be able to ignore us.
President and Executive Director
The Kosciuszko Foundation