- Joint Statement of The NATO-Ukraine CommissionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Los Angeles Christmas BillboardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Pope Challenges EuropeansPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veterans Turn Uniforms Into Paper, ArtPosted 2 months ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 4 months ago
- Check Out December Horoscope!Posted 5 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 9 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 12 months ago
Polka Greats Solek & Wisniewski Honored
Polka Hall of Famers Libera & Polisky Honor Greats
Solek & Wisniewski This Sunday, May 5th
Recently named to the Polka Hall of Fame, Dennis Polisky and previously named Famer Jackie Libera, will be among the talent performing this Sunday, May 5 (2 PM) at the historic Starlight Ballroom of the Port Washington P.A.C.A., 5 Pulaski Place, Port Washington, Long Island, NY.
Gene Wisniewski and the Harmony Bells original arrangements of their hit tunes will be performed by Polisky and his Maestro’s Men Big Orchestra while Jackie Libera will serenade with the Wisniewski’s hit vocals like “Wishing Well Waltz” and others. The Maestro’s Men will also render the original Walter Solek arrangements on their salute to Solek, also known as “The Clown Prince of Polkas”. Andrew Krystopolski will wear costumes that were part of Solek’s act, as well as sing some of his biggest numbers like “Pierogi Polka”; “Always In The Way” “My Girl Julida” and many more.
This is the second dance in a series paying tribute to Polka greats who have appeared at this famous dance spot since the 1930’s.
Radio personality Bill Shibilski will narrate the program with background facts that will be informative and entertaining.
Polka fans are encouraged to arrive thirsty and hungry since the renowned Polish kitchen will offer delicious treats like Golumbki, Pierogies and Kielbasa in addition to a full service bar.
Directions, tickets and reservations will be available at the club and by calling (516) 883-5553 or, emailing PolkaWithBill@Gmail.com