- Founder of Modernistics Orch. Passes OnPosted 3 days ago
- Ice Survival TipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Pulaski’s Birthday To Be CommemoratedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Little Known Episode of World War IIPosted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Check Out January Horoscope!Posted 1 month ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Getting St. Nicholas RightPosted 1 month ago
- The Chesterton Institute In Poland 2014Posted 1 month ago
Polka DJ John “Lil-Jas” Lesniewski
& The Polka Magic Radio Network
Polka DJ John Lil-Jas Lesniewski & The Polka Magic Radio Network from Amsterdam NY have been nominated for DJ of the year by the United States Polka Association (USPA). The USPA is a organization dedicated to Polish Polka music and Polish traditions based in Cleveland, Ohio. Chartered by the State of Connecticut as a not-for-profit corporation on the 28th day of December 1968, U.S.P.A. was chartered in the state of Ohio on the 27th day of April 1993. Founder: Dick Pillar, President (1968-70) and currently Barb Haselow (2002 – Present).
“Communication plus knowledge plus involvement equals unity and develops the spirit and enjoyment of participation in a mass movement dedicated to the future of polkas.”Henri Broze Judy Spitak September, 1974 Updated April 2003
The Polka Magic Radio Network will be celebrating its 28th anniversary June 1, 2013. The very popular weekly ethnic Polish radio program is hosted by John “Lil-Jas” Lesniewski and Robert “Happy Bob” Pawlak which bring you the very best in polka music. Requests and dedications are taken weekly 518-580-5783 or email@example.com. They provide community information for local and national events to promote the Polish-American heritage. The program airs on Saturday’s from WSPN FM 91.1 (Saratoga Springs, NY) from 9 am – 12 Noon and on the world wide web at www.skidmore.edu/wspn. On regular basis, listeners from across the nation make requests and dedications to their polonia which brings back many memories.
In 1982, Lesniewski started his radio career at WCSS in Amsterdam NY as a on air personality. He continued part-time during college and became the Station Manager at SUNY Cobleskill. He has been promoting polkas since 1985 on WSPN – Skidmore College Radio – also he hosted Polka programs on WCSS, WMVQ, WKOL, WBUG, WVTL in the greater Amsterdam, NY area. “Polish music had been a tradition in our family for decades”, According to Lesniewski. “I would like to keep the tradition alive and promote our treasured heritage”, stated Lesniewski.