- The SaintPosted 1 week ago
- Dorothea Dul Passes OnPosted 1 week ago
- Attention Clifton Restaurant Owners!Posted 3 weeks ago
- The Return of the Polish QuestionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check out WYD 2016 video!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Check Out July Horoscope!Posted 1 month ago
- Every Summer Has A StoryPosted 1 month ago
- Time To Stand Behind The PolicePosted 1 month ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 2 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 2 months ago
“Our Kids” Fundraiser Set For Sept. 6th
By PostEagle on August 13, 2014
On Saturday, September 6, 2014, the Sons of Poland Benevolent Foundation will hold a Fundraising Luncheon to assist Our Kids. We have all experienced the pain of illness within families and friends. But a few encounter the heartbreak of a child in need of medical help to exist. For this reason, we will offer one family with such a situation, and/or an organization dedicated to help troubled teens or hospitalized children, the entire profits of our fundraiser. The year we will honor Harbor House, a haven for troubled teens. Representatives from the organization will be present to receive the donation in memory of one of our teen members.
The luncheon including a cash bar and silent auction will be held at the Victorian in Elmwood Park beginning at Twelve o’clock NOON. The donation of $40 ($25 for children 12 and under) includes a hot buffet. We are designated as not for profit and 501(c)3 so that all donations are tax-deductible.
The Benevolent Foundation serves under the Associaton of the Sons of Poland, a Fraternal Benefit Society through which life insurance can be purchased for low premiums. This year the organization celebrates 111 years of serving the community. Throughout the past century, the Association of the Sons of Poland helped Poland in critical times and was honored with the Gold Cross of Merit in 1939 by the government of the Republic of Poland.
Among the other humanitarian projects presently enacted by the Benevolent Foundation are the material and financial suppport to institutions for handicapped children, orphans and the homeless. For more information or to order tickets, call the Home Office during business hours 9-4 (201-935-2807). Tickets must be purchased by September 2, 2014.
Visit us at www.sonsofpoland.org