- Sharing Our May 3rd ConstitutionPosted 5 days ago
- Book Expo To Feature PolandPosted 6 days ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 1 week ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 weeks ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Two Different Polands?Posted 4 weeks ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 2 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 6 months ago
NJ State Library Adds…
US Small Business Administration and NJ Business Action Center
As Guests for “Grow NJ Business Strong”
Trenton, NJ, March 21, 2013 – The New Jersey State Library is hosting a series of business marketing workshops for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs to detail the many resources available in NJ to help businesses grow and thrive. The free, two-hour workshops will take place at library locations across the state, April 2 through May 16, and provide a continental breakfast.
“The goal of the Grow NJ Business Strong event series is to provide tips and techniques for best practices in business marketing, and also raise awareness of the useful resources for business planning and research available at no direct cost to businesses at NJ’s local public libraries and various state agencies,” said Mary Chute, New Jersey State Librarian. “In the face of a slowly recovering economy and natural disasters, NJ business owners and managers need to know every cost-effective resource available, and most importantly, the need for a strong online media presence.”
The workshops will be presented by a business marketing expert from Constant Contact, a leader in online marketing and business coaching, and will also showcase resources from guests including New Jersey Business Action Center, US Small Business Administration, New Jersey Small Business Development Center, Women’s Business Center, SCORE, New Jersey Chamber of Commerce, Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, Connecting NJ and ReferenceUSA. Representatives from these organizations will be on-site to answer questions and provide information on available resources and programs.
Event dates are as follows:
• April 2nd – 8:00 am-10:00 am: Somerset County Library System, Bridgewater Branch
• April 10th – 8:00 am-10:00 am: Free Public Library of Hasbrouck Heights
• April 18th – 8:00 am-10:00 am: Burlington County Library System, Westampton, NJ
• April 24th – 8:00 am-10:00 am: Ocean County Library System, Toms River Branch
• April 30th – 9:00 am-11:00 am: East Brunswick Public Library
• May 7th – 9:00 am-11:00 am: Morris County Library, Whippany, NJ
• May 16th – 8:00 am-10:00 am: Mullica Hill Branch, Mullica Hill, NJ
For more information and to register, visit www.NJGrowsBiz.org/NJStrong. Space is limited.
About the New Jersey State Library
The New Jersey State Library, an affiliate of Thomas Edison State College, connects people with information and resources through its service to libraries, government and people including those with special needs. The State Library’s mission has expanded since its establishment in 1796 to lead in the provision, promotion and support of high quality library and information services to all the people of New Jersey. Led by State Librarian Mary Chute, the State Library coordinates, promotes and funds the New Jersey Library Network by providing advisory and technical information and services to support New Jersey’s libraries in the fulfillment of their missions. The State Library also provides support for public, school, academic, and special libraries, and continues to promote services for learners of all ages, including key areas of continuing need such as digital literacy, business outreach, workforce development, and summer reading programs. The State Library continues its focus on innovation and future trends, and seeks out exemplary models and technologies that can help assist the New Jersey library community in remaining relevant and essential community anchors. For more information, visit www.njstatelib.org.