- Philadelphia Pulaski Day ParadePosted 2 days ago
- Clinton Staff Bigotry Mostly IgnoredPosted 7 days ago
- Check Out October Horoscope!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Post-Communist or Truly Free Poland?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Yahoo Playing Games With CatholicsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rabid Raccoon Alert In CliftonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Donald Trump’s Speech To P.A.C.Posted 3 weeks ago
- KF President ResignsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Polish American Congress And PolandPosted 2 months ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 4 months ago
Metropolitan Baseball Classic Final At
Citi Field … Four Games On Championship
Sunday, August 24th
FLUSHING, N.Y., August 3, 2014 – The New York Mets today announced that the second annual Metropolitan Baseball Classic, one of the premier high school travel baseball tournaments in the country, will return to Citi Field on Sunday, August 24. Fans can attend Championship Day which will feature four games for $5. Games will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the Championship Game scheduled to be played at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are available at Mets.com/MetropolitanBaseballClassic Tickets.com or by phone at 718-507-TIXX.
The event features seven of the country’s top high school baseball travel programs and a scout team made up of local players. Last year, 22 states were represented in the event and that number is expected to grow this year.
Of the participating players in the 2013 Classic, 50 players were drafted in the 2014 First-Year Player Draft with eight being selected in the top two rounds.
Metropolitan Hospitality, the game’s promoter and producer, is Citi Field’s non-game day event company that has recently hosted the Bacon and Beer Classic, Spartan Race, Cirque du Soleil, DigiFest and The Color Run. With more than 200,000 square feet of hospitality space, Citi Field can accommodate corporate meetings, holiday parties, weddings, trade shows, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and a variety of other events.