- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 1 week ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 1 week ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
Ludowa Nuta of Canada To Perform
NEW YORK – Ludowa Nuta Choir and Kapela will sing at the 7:00 pm Mass at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY on Saturday, December 7th. This folk chorus from southern Ontario, formed just eight years ago, has already made a reputation for itself and become a favorite not only in Canada, but also in the United States and Poland.
The 2012 Pulaski Parade in New York City was graced by their joining the Polish Singers Alliance of America’s Symfonia Chorus at the 9:00 am Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. A total of sixty voices resonated there to start Metropolitan New York Polonia’s greatest celebration of its heritage and then filled the Fifth Avenue canyon with the sound of Polish song as the joyous, undaunted Canadian singers and instrumentalists joined their American colleagues as they marched and rode the PSAA District Seven float in the rain.
The one and only goal of Ludowa Nuta, as their director Vick Dudalski explains, is to promote Polish folk music Their colorful, traditional costumes are all made in Poland and their repertoire comprises songs from various regions of Poland. The chorus is accompanied by a typical Góralska Kapela which includes violins, double bass, koza and trombity, and a Kaszubska Kapela made up of accordians, trumpet, clarinet, burczy, diabelskie skrzypce, three bazuna and a double bass. The performances are enhanced by some lively anecdotes and skits about Polish folk traditions.
On December 7th, the choir will feature liturgical (Advent) music at the Mass and a Kolendowanie concert, a lovely medley of pastoralki from Żywiec, Spisz and Beskid Śląski regions of Poland. Join them at St. Stanislaus Kostka in historic Greenpoint for a pre-Christmas concert which will take the place of the Advent calendars of our youth in anticipation of the coming of our Lord.
Frances X. Gates