- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 22 hours ago
- Message of Support To PolandPosted 3 days ago
- Check Out June Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rally for U.S. Military Presence In PolandPosted 4 weeks ago
- Clifton Health Dept. Issues Rabies AlertPosted 4 weeks ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 month ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 2 months ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 4 months ago
Liberty Council Files Brief In Support
of Little Sisters of the Poor Against ObamaCare
Washington, DC – Calling the HHS mandate “extortion,” Liberty Counsel filed an amicus brief on behalf of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
“Ignoring the free exercise of religion rights affirmed by the First Amendment and the reaffirmation of those rights in the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), the Administration has enacted regulations that compel employers to choose between their sincerely held religious beliefs and the ObamaCare abortion mandate,” said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel.
Unlike the requirements of other laws regulating employee benefit programs, the mandate imposed under ObamaCare does not permit employers to discontinue offering health insurance coverage and thereby avoid the mandate and the penalties. The only escape for employers is to go out of business.
“Subjecting employers to such extortion is antithetical to the free exercise of religion,” said Staver.
“President Obama has never told the truth about ObamaCare in general or the abortion mandate in particular,” said Staver. “Religious freedom is not confined to church walls. Those deeply held religious beliefs are the same in the workplace as they are in the sanctuary. How terrible that President Obama is telling Little Sisters of the Poor that in order to continue helping the poor and needy, they have to violate their religious belief about the sanctity of human life and kill innocent children,” concluded Staver.
Liberty Counsel is an international nonprofit litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono legal assistance and representation on these and related topics.