- Message of Support To PolandPosted 1 day ago
- Check Out June Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rally for U.S. Military Presence In PolandPosted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Health Dept. Issues Rabies AlertPosted 4 weeks ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 month ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 2 months ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 4 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 8 months ago
John Rice Fundraiser A Huge Success!
CONNECTICUT – “Life is something we all take for granted until an illness or tragedy enters our lives,” said Irene Underwood, the Polish National Home’s Representative. So is the case of the John Rice family in West Hartford. John’s mother-in-law, Alice Dalenta, inspired the late Irene Dylag to do something for her friend, and the idea was born to have a fundraiser to diminish the cost of essentials that the family will need when John’s battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) progresses. Three Hartford Polish-American organizations stepped up to take this cause and make it a reality: The Polish National Home of Hartford, Inc., the Polish Cultural Club of Greater Hartford, Inc. and the Ladies Guild of SS. Cyril & Methodius Church. The organizations, their memberships, John’s work colleagues at Tilcon, business associates, family and friends joined John, his wife, Diane, and their daughter, Aleksandra, on May 31, 2013 for a Happy Hour Fundraiser at the Polish National Home to show their love and support. Over two hundred friends and relatives showed their “acts of kindness” to this great family. Over $12,000 was raised that night for the Rice family.
Maria Bruks, Representative of the Ladies Guild said, “It shows how much people really care. May God Bless John and his family and watch over them. Although Irene Dylag, President of the SS. Cyril & Methodius Ladies Guild, who was one of the driving forces behind this fundraiser, was unable to be with us to see this wonderful response from our community, I am positive she is smiling down on everyone and proud of what we’ve accomplished.”
The Rice family was overwhelmed at the incredible outpouring of support and very grateful for the proceeds from the event. They were stunned to see so many people showing their concern. We thank everyone who had a hand in making this Fundraiser such a success. Whether you bought a ticket, made a donation, contributed a Door Prize or played another part in organizing this unforgettable event … thank you. We couldn’t have done it without you!
– Carol Phelan