- Another Polish Joke On SNLPosted 4 hours ago
- Check Out October Horoscope!Posted 5 days ago
- Check Out September Forecast!Posted 1 month ago
- New! 2016 “Polka Dreams @ Sea 2”
Polka Cruise Set For January 30thPosted 4 months ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 7 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 9 months ago
Japanese Atomic Bomb Survivors Visit Auschwitz
29.08.2013 – Survivors of the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki toured the Auschwitz – Birkenau German Nazi death camp site, recently, as part of a ‘Global Voyage for a Nuclear-Free World’.
The visit by nine surviving victims of the atomic bombs, known as “Hibakusha” in Japan, was organized by the Japanese ‘Peace Boat’ NGO.
Six witnesses of the bombing of Hiroshima and three from Nagasaki are currently on a tour of 20 countries to talk about their experiences.
“The government of Japan hopes that the visit will help deepen understanding of the tragic consequences of the use of nuclear weapons and to strengthen the international community’s will to put an end to them,” a statement on the Japanese Embassy web site says.
On 6 August 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, causing the deaths of up to 120,000 people. Three days later, a second bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, killing 74,000. Both cities were destroyed.
(pg) – Polskie Radio