- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 1 week ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 1 week ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Opens New Temporary Exhibition
NEW YORK – New temporary exhibition “Masters of Disguise: The World of Camouflage,” will open to the public on Thursday, March 6 at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, located at Pier 86 (46th Street and 12th Avenue) in Manhattan.
For many animals, the ability to hide in plain sight or look like something entirely different is necessary for survival. “Masters of Disguise: The World of Camouflage” will explore the art and science of camouflage in the natural world, as well as its cultural adaptations and how the military has utilized these visual techniques in combat. Using digital imagery, artifacts and interactive elements, visitors will explore color, shade, shapes, and learn how they can fool the eye.
The exhibit is free with the price of admission to the museum. For more information, visit www.intrepidmuseum.org.
Tickets are available for purchase on the Intrepid’s website, www.intrepidmuseum.org
About the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Through exhibitions, educational programming and the foremost collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, visitors of all ages and abilities are taken on an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. The Intrepid Museum fulfills its mission to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth by connecting them to history through hands-on exploration while bridging the future by inspiring innovation.