- Edward Siepiola Passes OnPosted 3 days ago
- February Horoscope!Posted 4 days ago
- Poland Under FirePosted 3 weeks ago
- Cream Cheese Brownie PiePosted 3 weeks ago
- University of Mass Dropping Polka MusicPosted 3 weeks ago
- What 2016 Has In Store For You….Posted 1 month ago
- Florida Polka Party In 2016!Posted 2 months ago
- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 3 months ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 3 months ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 3 months ago
“In The Style of…” Exhibit
At Clifton Arts Center Gallery
CLIFTON, NJ – The Clifton Arts Center presents “In The Style of…”, an art exhibit and sale of artwork by the Clifton Association of Artists. The exhibit opens on Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 through April 12th, 2014. There will be a reception open to the public on Saturday, March 1st from 1 pm-4 pm.
This year’s theme by the Clifton Association of Artists showcases how artists choose a famous artist and create their own composition in the style of the artist they like. For example a still life in the style of Cezanne or landscapes in the style of Van Gogh are some possible paintings that will be on exhibit.
The art exhibit at the Gallery will include works in various art mediums such as oil, acrylic, pastels and mixed-media by professional and amateur artists from Clifton and surrounding communities.
The Clifton Association of Artists was established in 1963 by a group of twelve artists. The mission of the Association is to promote the advancement of art and culture in Clifton by creating an environment for the expression of the visual arts. Presently, the Association has artists that each uniquely are talented in their own medium. The Clifton Association of Artists is sponsored by the City of Clifton Recreation Department.
The Clifton Arts Center Gallery first opened to the public in January of 2000 and more than 30,000 visitors have enjoyed art exhibits and cultural events. The Clifton Arts Center is located on the grounds of the Clifton Municipal Complex near the Well Water.
The Clifton Arts Center Gallery hours are Wednesday through Saturday: 1 pm-4 pm. Group tours are available by appointment. Admission fee is three dollars. For more information check the website at: www.cliftonnj.org or like us on Facebook.