- Free Concert With Jimmy Sturr!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Sociologist Appeals To Polonia About Its FuturePosted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Summer Concert SeriesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Polka Promoter Bernie Goydish Passes OnPosted 4 weeks ago
- Removal of Fr. Serra Statue PostponedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Check out July Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Media Distort’s Pope’s WordsPosted 1 month ago
- Vendors Wanted!Posted 1 month ago
- New! 2016 “Polka Dreams @ Sea 2″
Polka Cruise Set For January 30thPosted 1 month ago
- The Future of WarPosted 2 months ago
HVPS Honors Scholarship Recipients
NEW YORK – Each year the Hudson Valley Polonaise Society awards scholarships to Orange County High School graduates of Polish descent. On Wednesday, July 10th, the 2013 scholarship winners were honored at a reception held at the CYO in Pine Island and presented with $1,000 checks. They were selected from 13 applicants who graduated from High Schools in Orange County.
In photo: L-R: SARA LEMIEUX and EMILY JADOS
Emily Jados of Pine Island is a 2013 graduate of Warwick Valley High School. While attending High School she was a member of the marching band, the Student Council, the National Honor Society and she participated in track and cross country. She is also a past Junior Miss Polonia. Emily is the daughter of Louis and JoAnn Mikulski Jados of Pine Island. She will be attending Marywood University in Scranton, PA majoring in nursing. Emily has an older sister Kristen who just graduated from Penn State.
Sara LeMieux is the daughter of Jon and Linda Mudrick LeMieux of New Vernon Road, Middletown. She is a 2013 graduate of Minisink Valley High School where she played soccer for four years, was a member of the Key Club and an exceptional art student. Sara had her own art show this spring. She will be attending Russell Sage College in Troy, NY majoring in Creative Art Therapy. She hopes to work with injured veterans upon her graduation. Sara also has an older sister, Rae. Both she and Rae are members of the newly formed Pokolenie Dance Group.
We congratulate both girls on their achievements and wish them much success in the future.
– Hudson Valley Polonaise Society