- Check Out MARCH Horoscope!Posted 2 days ago
- Poland’s First Best Foreign Film Oscar – “Ida”Posted 2 weeks ago
- Ice Survival TipsPosted 2 months ago
- Pulaski’s Birthday To Be CommemoratedPosted 2 months ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 2 months ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 2 months ago
- Check Out February Horoscope!Posted 2 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 2 months ago
- Lustration Clears OfficialPosted 2 months ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 7 months ago
Honor A Veteran In Clifton
NEW JERSEY – The Clifton Avenue of Flags was started 11 years ago by veteran John Biegel. The project has grown each year with over 1500 now purchased. Five times a year volunteers erect over the flags throughout the grounds of the Clifton Municipal Complex. It is a sight to take your breath away as they billow in the breeze. Next Holiday to raise the flags is Patriot’s Day on Wednesday, September 11th at 6:30 AM and they come down at 6:00 PM. Volunteers give their time and energy to raise these flags. Volunteers are the backbone of this project and more people are always needed. Our list has dwindled due to illness, age or those who have moved away. If you are interested in volunteering, please email the recreation department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call John Biegel at 973 519-0858. Come join us and we guarantee you will get an overwhelmingly good feeling for being a part of honoring those who served their country. Citizens can honor a veteran by purchasing flag for his or her birthday, a special occasion or a wonderful tribute for their service. Cost of a flag is $100.00 for the flag, pole, sleeve, nameplate and ground socket. To honor someone, a form must be completed and returned to City Hall. Visit www.cliftonnnj.org, click on LINKS and then click on Avenue of Flags. All the needed information is on the site and the form can be downloaded as well. Please join us on 9/11, Patriot’s Day at 6:30 AM to raise the 1562 flags. Too early? Small sacrifice compared to those who lost their lives that infamous day. But we understand. Come back at 6 PM to take them down. Hope to see you on 9/11!
Come and join us!