- Demolition of St. Laurentius ChurchPosted 2 days ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 1 week ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 1 week ago
- IL Taxpayers Urged To Register. . .Posted 2 weeks ago
- Freedom Must Never Be CompromisedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out MARCH Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 3 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 3 months ago
Help Promote The Benefits of Fraternals To Congress
On June 27, 2013, Senator Max Baucus (D-Mont.), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and his GOP counterpart, Senator Orin Hatch (R-Utah) sent a letter to every member of the Senate proposing a “blank slate” approach to tax reform. This approach would eliminate virtually every tax preference and exemption from the current Tax Code – including the deductions for mortgage interest and charitable contributions – and require those who benefit from such provisions to make a compelling case to lawmakers that such policies should be restored.
Baucus and Hatch stated in their letter that each credit and deduction will be scrutinized and those that cannot be justified will be eliminated. “We plan to operate from an assumption that all special provisions are out unless there is clear evidence that they: 1) help grow the economy, 2) make the tax code fairer, or 3) effectively promote other important policy objectives,” said the letter. Baucus and Hatch indicated that “some existing tax breaks should be preserved in some form,” and asked their colleagues in the Senate to send them feedback on priorities for preserving such provisions by July 26.
Polish Falcons of America and other fraternal organizations need your help in contacting your U.S. Senators and asking for their support in retaining the federal fraternal exemption.
Send a letter to Congress today urging support for this important issue! Simply fill out the privacy-protected registration form at http://www.senateblankslatecampaign.com.