- Great Expectations?Posted 1 week ago
- Kosciusko Day ObservancePosted 1 week ago
- Bandleader Gene Mendalski Passes OnPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out April Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Demolition of St. Laurentius ChurchPosted 1 month ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 1 month ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 1 month ago
- Freedom Must Never Be CompromisedPosted 2 months ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 4 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 4 months ago
Hamtramck Health Hike
MICHIGAN – The Hamtramck Drug Free Community Coalition along with Hamtramck Public Schools will host the fourth annual Hamtramck Health Hike to celebrate healthy living and drug-free lifestyles on Saturday, April 27th, beginning at 9:30am at Keyworth Stadium, 3201 Roosevelt in Hamtramck. Anyone is welcome to join the fun 5K walk or run through the streets of Hamtramck. The Health Hike has been steadily growing in participants and activities over the last three years, and this year we expect one thousand hikers!
When the “hike” portion of the event is complete, participants will attend an afternoon of fun-filled, health focused events at Keyworth Stadium. They will find healthy cooking demonstrations from local volunteers, entertainment, raffle prizes and a health resource fair. Thanks to community funding, we offer this event completely free for participants as a service to promote well-being and combat the barrage of unhealthy advertising we see everyday.
Preregister by April 10 at Hamtramck Public Library or Hamtramck Community Center to reserve your t-shirt. Those not registered are still encouraged to join the fun! To volunteer, contact Virginia Skrzyniarz of the Piast Institute at 313 733 4535.
Be sure to find us on Facebook at facebook.com/hamtramckdrugfree or contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone at 313-733-4535 with any other questions or donations.