- Message of Support To PolandPosted 16 hours ago
- Check Out June Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rally for U.S. Military Presence In PolandPosted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Health Dept. Issues Rabies AlertPosted 4 weeks ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 1 month ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 2 months ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 3 months ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 3 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 4 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 8 months ago
“Gift of Life” Dance In Honor of Lisa Marie Biskup
The 7th Annual Memorial “Gift of Life” Dance in honor of Lisa Marie Biskup will be held on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at the PRCU Hall in Wyandotte, Michigan (1430 Oak Street). Music will be provided by Randy Krajewski & Badinov from Toledo, OH and Freeze Dried from Chicago, Illinois. Special guest appearance by the legendary Hall of Famer, Mitch Biskup. All proceeds from the dance are earmarked for the “Lisa Biskup Organ and Tissue Donor Foundation”.
The Lisa Marie Biskup Foundation is a major supporter of the University o8f Michigan Transplant Center’s Camp Michitanki. Lisa, herself, was a heart transplant recipient, who loved children and worked full time at day care centers caring for kids. At her death, Lisa was one of only a few transplant recipients to become a donor, donating her liver and corneas.
The foundation in Lisa’s memory allows children with organ transplants to attend Camp Michitanki for a week in the summer where they can just be children doing what normal children take for granted.
Every penny brought in by the annual Lisa Biskup Memorial Polka Dance, as well as any individual contributions and donations made to the Foundation, is spent on Camp Michitanki.
All donations made to the Lisa Marie Biskup Organ and Transplant Donor Foundation are fully tax deductible. If you would like to donate to this extremely worthy cause, please contact Ron Biskup at email@example.com
For more information about the dance, see advertisement in this issue of the Post Eagle or call Ron-Sue Biskup (810) 588-6266.