- Proper Funding for Clifton SchoolsPosted 6 days ago
- Stealing The MarchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check Out April Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Centennial Events Update!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Clifton Centennial T-Shirts!Posted 1 month ago
- 2017 – Year of KosciuszkoPosted 3 months ago
- Clifton Centennial Events!Posted 3 months ago
- Truth About German Nazi CampsPosted 3 months ago
- Nothing’s Impossible Says WisniewskiPosted 5 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 10 months ago
Giblin & Oliver Organize Holiday Toy And Book
Drive For Area Children
(NEW JERSEY – 34th LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT) – Assembly Speaker Sheila Y. Oliver and Assemblyman Thomas P. Giblin today called on residents, businesses and organizations in the 34th legislative district to support their 2013 Holiday Toy and Book Drive, which last year handed out hundreds of toys and books to kids ages 3 to 15.
“We want to extend a helping hand to families who may face tough times during this coming holiday season,” said Oliver (D-Essex/Passaic). “Following on the success of last year, we are starting our efforts early this year so that we can reach even more boys and girls.”
“The holidays are a wonderful time, but for families that may be struggling, they can also be stressful,” said Giblin (D-Essex/Passaic). “This drive hopes to ease some of that burden and allow families to enjoy the holidays, without worrying whether they will be able to afford gifts for their children.”
This is the fourth holiday toy and book drive organized by Oliver and Giblin. Last year’s drive collected 300 items.
Donations of new toys and new books will be accepted from November 18 through December 16, 2013. All donations should be for children ages 3 to 15 and should be unwrapped.
Toys and books collected will be distributed to local organizations including the East Orange/Orange Community Development Corp., Montclair Child Development Corp/Head Start Program, The Boys and Girls Club of Clifton, Moving Orange Forward, St. Peters Haven, and United Way of North Essex.
Donations may be dropped off at:
• Assemblyman Thomas P. Giblin’s District Office, 1333 Broad Street, Clifton, NJ. Drop off hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Note: building is closed between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.)
• Assembly Speaker Sheila Y. Oliver’s District Office, 15-33 Halsted Street, Suite 202, East Orange, NJ. Drop-off hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, contact Cameron Jones or Geri Woods-Coles at (973) 395-1166.
For more information, contact Lolita Cruz at (973) 779-3125.