- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 6 days ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 7 days ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 1 week ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 1 week ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 1 week ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 1 week ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 1 week ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
Free Legal Workshop For Women
Wayne, NJ. This Free workshop, “What Every Woman Should Know About Divorce,” will be facilitated by Wayne attorney Maria LaSala on Monday, September 30th from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at Wayne Counseling Center. LaSala specializes in family law cases, including cases that involve divorce and child custody, as well as other family legal matters. The discussion will include financial issues, recent updates to family law and alimony, knowing your legal rights and responsibilities, and how to choose an attorney. Learn what mediation is and what it can do before seeking legal advice. The workshop is open to all women who are interested in learning more about the legal and financial issues of separation and divorce. Pre-registration is required. Please call Women In Transition at 973-694-9215.
Women In Transition assists women who need to re-enter the workforce due to separation, divorce, or the death or disability of a spouse, resulting in the loss of their primary source of financial support. WIT is funded by the State of New Jersey, Department of Children and Families and in part by the N.J. State Bar Foundation. WIT offers vocational testing, work readiness classes, assertive communication workshops, and computer training at no cost for eligible women.
Please call (973) 694-9215 for more information, and to register for the Women In Transition workshops. Also, visit us at www.waynecounselingcenter.org.
WIT is conveniently located in the Wayne Counseling Center at 1022 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne. Wayne Counseling and Family Services (973-694-1234) provides counseling for drug and alcohol abuse and treatment for marital, family, and mental health problems. Other services include community programs such as educational seminars and workshops on stress, self esteem, assertiveness training, and