- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 4 days ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 6 days ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 1 week ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 1 week ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 1 week ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 1 week ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 1 week ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
Final Summer Free Polka Music Concert
In Central Jersey
The Jersey Polka Stars will perform a final, free summer, polka concert from 6:00 – 7:30pm on Sun. Aug. 11 at Warren Park, located on Florida Grove Rd. and Rt. 35 in Woodbridge, NJ. The band will be paying a tribute to Jersey Polka Hall of Famers Bernie Witkowski and Bernie Goydish, as well as other eastern style bands including the Connecticut Twins, Jersey’s own Johnny Bud, Frank Gutowski and other popular polka bands. The members of the Jersey Polka Stars all have, at one time or another, played with some of these bands. The band will also provide a mixture of other music. Performing with the Jersey Polka Stars will be Gene Vojna, Ed Goldberg, John Lesniak, Bob Zaborowski, Joe Yachnik, Bruce Zamorski, and Bernie Goydish.
The concert is free; just bring your own lawn chair or blanket. To reach the Warren Park Mini Theater, located on Florida Grove Rd, off Rt. 35, follow Rt. 35 south from points north of Woodbridge, or find your way to Rt. 287-440, exit Rt. 440 onto Rt. 184 RT. 35, proceed about a quarter of a mile, turn left onto Rt. 35 North-Convery Blvd. proceed 0.7 miles north, turn left onto Florida Grove Rd., to Warren Park. For other directions and more information call Bernie Goydish at 908-359-5520.
The attendance at the July polka concert in So. Amboy, estimated by the park rangers, exceeded 475 people, despite the predicted stormy weather conditions. The summer “Music in the Parks Concerts” are presented by the Middlesex County Dept. Parks and Recreation, Stephen J. “Pete” Dalina, Freeholder and Department Chairman.