- Ten Commandments Victory In OklahomaPosted 20 hours ago
- Poland’s PM Tusk Becomes EU PresidentPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 1 month ago
- A Caribbean Polka Party In 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Check Out September Horoscope!Posted 3 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 6 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 9 months ago
Federal Amendment On Marriage Needed
(June 26, 2013) – Bill Donohue comments on the two decisions reached by the U.S. Supreme Court on the issue of same-sex marriage:
It is clear from today’s two rulings that the ball has been moved down the field to a point where the pro-gay marriage side is in the red zone. Whether they can be stopped from crossing the goal line depends solely on the prospects of having a constitutional amendment affirming marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
The 38 states needed to pass such an amendment are not the problem—we already have 38 states that have their own laws restricting marriage to a man and a woman—the problem is getting two-thirds of the House and two-thirds of the Senate to agree.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops supports a federal marriage amendment. The Catholic League does as well.
The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
450 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10123
Phone: 212-371-3191 Fax: 212-371-3394