- Great Expectations?Posted 1 day ago
- Kosciusko Day ObservancePosted 1 day ago
- Bandleader Gene Mendalski Passes OnPosted 5 days ago
- Check Out April Horoscope!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Demolition of St. Laurentius ChurchPosted 4 weeks ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 1 month ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 1 month ago
- Freedom Must Never Be CompromisedPosted 1 month ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 4 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 4 months ago
Federal Amendment On Marriage Needed
(June 26, 2013) – Bill Donohue comments on the two decisions reached by the U.S. Supreme Court on the issue of same-sex marriage:
It is clear from today’s two rulings that the ball has been moved down the field to a point where the pro-gay marriage side is in the red zone. Whether they can be stopped from crossing the goal line depends solely on the prospects of having a constitutional amendment affirming marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
The 38 states needed to pass such an amendment are not the problem—we already have 38 states that have their own laws restricting marriage to a man and a woman—the problem is getting two-thirds of the House and two-thirds of the Senate to agree.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops supports a federal marriage amendment. The Catholic League does as well.
The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
450 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10123
Phone: 212-371-3191 Fax: 212-371-3394