- Custom Jewelry… Perfect For Christmas!Posted 1 week ago
- Alexis Vale, Post Eagle Columnist, DiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- New Crossword Puzzle for NovemberPosted 1 month ago
- Maestros Men “Rock” The House At Rock ClubPosted 1 month ago
- CIA Prison In PolandPosted 1 month ago
- Free Popcorn With Ad!Posted 2 months ago
- “Save The Music” Says Lenny GomulkaPosted 2 months ago
Federal Amendment On Marriage Needed
(June 26, 2013) – Bill Donohue comments on the two decisions reached by the U.S. Supreme Court on the issue of same-sex marriage:
It is clear from today’s two rulings that the ball has been moved down the field to a point where the pro-gay marriage side is in the red zone. Whether they can be stopped from crossing the goal line depends solely on the prospects of having a constitutional amendment affirming marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
The 38 states needed to pass such an amendment are not the problem—we already have 38 states that have their own laws restricting marriage to a man and a woman—the problem is getting two-thirds of the House and two-thirds of the Senate to agree.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops supports a federal marriage amendment. The Catholic League does as well.
The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
450 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10123
Phone: 212-371-3191 Fax: 212-371-3394