- Check Out January Horoscope!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Mikulski Farewell AddressPosted 1 month ago
- The NATO-Russia Exercise
Gap… Then, Now, & 2017Posted 2 months ago
- Nothing’s Impossible Says WisniewskiPosted 2 months ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 7 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 1 year ago
Today’s word is DUNCE – which originates from the Friar called John Duns Scotus who lived in the 13th Century. He was one of the most important and influential philosopher-theologians of the High Middle Ages. His brilliantly complex thoughts earned him the nickname, the “Subtle Doctor”. Around that time, Franciscan Friars preached against the Renaissance from the pulpit. Therefore, they were called dunsmen. The people who disagreed with them referred to them as dunsmen, which was eventually shortened to DUNCE.