- Two Nations DishonoredPosted 13 hours ago
- Former President Clinton Insults Polish CommunityPosted 6 days ago
- May Horoscope!Posted 1 week ago
- The Flipped ClassroomPosted 4 weeks ago
- How Ukraine Can ContributePosted 1 month ago
- Polish Singers 65th ConventionPosted 1 month ago
- Two Different Polands?Posted 2 months ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 3 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 7 months ago
De Blasio Boycotts St. Pat’s Parade
Bill Donohue comments on the decision by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio not to march in this year’s St. Patrick’s Day parade:
This is the first time in New York City history that its mayor has decided to boycott the St. Patrick’s Day parade. Personally, I am delighted: I lead the Catholic League contingent every year, and I do not want to march with a public official who does not want to be associated with Irish Catholics.
De Blasio says he will not march because the parade does not allow pro-gay signs. Neither does it allow pro-life ones. The great myth has always been that the parade is anti-gay: in previous years, I have gone on the radio inviting gays to march with the Catholic League, provided they do not draw attention to themselves or to some extrinsic cause. The parade is not about homosexuals, or abortion, or anything other than honoring St. Patrick.
The mayor says he won’t accede to the request by gay activists to ban city workers from marching. So kind of him—otherwise he would be looking at an insurrection.
The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
450 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10123