- Free Stop ‘n’ Swap Community Reuse Event
At Brooklyn Borough HallPosted 14 hours ago
- Disgrace – BBC To Show “Generation War”Posted 14 hours ago
- Polish Drama Club Invites…Posted 2 days ago
- How Can We Forget?Posted 4 weeks ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 1 month ago
- Mind ControlPosted 2 months ago
- Check out April Horoscope!Posted 3 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 4 months ago
- The Legacy Lives On…Posted 4 months ago
De Blasio Boycotts St. Pat’s Parade
Bill Donohue comments on the decision by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio not to march in this year’s St. Patrick’s Day parade:
This is the first time in New York City history that its mayor has decided to boycott the St. Patrick’s Day parade. Personally, I am delighted: I lead the Catholic League contingent every year, and I do not want to march with a public official who does not want to be associated with Irish Catholics.
De Blasio says he will not march because the parade does not allow pro-gay signs. Neither does it allow pro-life ones. The great myth has always been that the parade is anti-gay: in previous years, I have gone on the radio inviting gays to march with the Catholic League, provided they do not draw attention to themselves or to some extrinsic cause. The parade is not about homosexuals, or abortion, or anything other than honoring St. Patrick.
The mayor says he won’t accede to the request by gay activists to ban city workers from marching. So kind of him—otherwise he would be looking at an insurrection.
The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
450 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10123