- Demolition of St. Laurentius ChurchPosted 2 days ago
- Yonkers Desires To Change PulaskiPosted 1 week ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 1 week ago
- IL Taxpayers Urged To Register. . .Posted 2 weeks ago
- Freedom Must Never Be CompromisedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out MARCH Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 3 months ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 3 months ago
Clifton Cares And Our Troops Need Your Help
CLIFTON, NJ – The Clifton Cares Committee continues to have a successful project, thanks to the generosity of Clifton residents, businesses and Veterans and Civic associations. Their generosity since 2010 has enabled the Committee to mail over 3000 packages to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Postage for mailing each package recently increased to $14.85, so monetary donations are appreciated and very much needed so the project can continue.
The Committee appreciates the supplies and is asking the citizens to continue bringing supplies to City Hall. Always needed are cookies, candy, gum, beef jerky, powdered drink mixes and small sizes of toiletries such as shampoo, soap and deodorant. When you stop in City Hall to pay your taxes, bring your donations of supplies or monetary contributions.
To contribute towards the mailing of packages, stop and see Lizz Gagnon at the City Hall Tax Office with your cash or check, or mail your check to the address below. Your check should be payable to Lizz Gagnon and earmarked Clifton Cares. Lizz Gagnon, Clifton City Hall Tax Assessor’s Office, 900 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey 07013
Clifton Cares thanks our local newspapers for their ongoing support in getting these requests to Clifton citizens. Special recognition must be given to the hard working volunteers who purchase supplies, donate money for postage and pack boxes. They are AWESOME and the project wouldn’t be successful without them.