- Great Grandchild Boom!Posted 1 week ago
- Dropping In On The Veteran Down The StreetPosted 2 weeks ago
- Veterans Turn Uniforms Into Paper, ArtPosted 3 weeks ago
- Polka Variety Dance Draws Big Crowd!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Ten Commandments Victory In OklahomaPosted 2 months ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 3 months ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 5 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 8 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 11 months ago
Clifton Cares And Our Troops Need Your Help
CLIFTON, NJ – The Clifton Cares Committee continues to have a successful project, thanks to the generosity of Clifton residents, businesses and Veterans and Civic associations. Their generosity since 2010 has enabled the Committee to mail over 3000 packages to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Postage for mailing each package recently increased to $14.85, so monetary donations are appreciated and very much needed so the project can continue.
The Committee appreciates the supplies and is asking the citizens to continue bringing supplies to City Hall. Always needed are cookies, candy, gum, beef jerky, powdered drink mixes and small sizes of toiletries such as shampoo, soap and deodorant. When you stop in City Hall to pay your taxes, bring your donations of supplies or monetary contributions.
To contribute towards the mailing of packages, stop and see Lizz Gagnon at the City Hall Tax Office with your cash or check, or mail your check to the address below. Your check should be payable to Lizz Gagnon and earmarked Clifton Cares. Lizz Gagnon, Clifton City Hall Tax Assessor’s Office, 900 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey 07013
Clifton Cares thanks our local newspapers for their ongoing support in getting these requests to Clifton citizens. Special recognition must be given to the hard working volunteers who purchase supplies, donate money for postage and pack boxes. They are AWESOME and the project wouldn’t be successful without them.