- Media Distort’s Pope’s WordsPosted 1 week ago
- Vendors Wanted!Posted 2 weeks ago
- New! 2016 “Polka Dreams @ Sea 2″ Polka CruisePosted 2 weeks ago
- The Future of WarPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check out June Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Swingman At Bliss, June 12thPosted 1 month ago
- CEPA Launches New Warsaw OfficePosted 1 month ago
- Poland Has A New President!Posted 1 month ago
- Overcoming Stagnant Wages:Posted 2 months ago
- Great Expectations?Posted 2 months ago
Blood Drive To Honor John Barnas
NEW JERSEY – The Rutherford Community Blood Bank spring drive on April 7 will collect blood in honor of John Barnas, a Wallington resident who has lymphoma. In order to accommodate donors, the blood bank board has expanded hours. The drive will be held from 2 PM to 8 PM, thus offering two additional hours in the afternoon.
“We are glad to be able to support our neighbor John Barnas,” said Andy Bertone, blood bank chairman. “We have planned exceptionally convenient hours. I hope everyone who can give blood will.” The Rutherford Volunteer Fire Department is supporting the donor day in a special tribute to Barnas.
The drive will be held at 55 Kip Center at 55 Kip Avenue in Rutherford, which is located directly next to the municipal garage. Visit communitybloodservices.org for details and parental consent form for 16-year-olds. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are available by calling 201-251-3703.
“John Barnas, who is fighting lymphoma, is a patient at Hackensack Hospital where he is getting blood and platelets. Your blood donation at the April 7th drive will help John and other patients in the area who are in need,” said Miriam Grippo, account manager for Community Blood Services. The organization provides the professionals who staff the blood bank’s drives.
- Rutherford Community Blood Bank