- Ice Survival TipsPosted 1 week ago
- Pulaski’s Birthday To Be CommemoratedPosted 1 week ago
- Polka Benefit Honors Lisa Marie BiskupPosted 2 weeks ago
- A Little Known Episode of World War IIPosted 3 weeks ago
- West Point Curator Slanders KosciuszkoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check Out January Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Steven’s Forecast For 2015Posted 4 weeks ago
- Getting St. Nicholas RightPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Chesterton Institute In Poland 2014Posted 4 weeks ago
- Lustration Clears OfficialPosted 1 month ago
Best Western Pioneer Plaza’s
First Ever Polka Night
This event will be part of the Pioneer Plaza’s Open House Series. The goal of having these open house events is to provide various types of entertainment for residents of the community & surrounding areas. Specialty events, such as a Polka Night, should also draw fans from a greater distance & give them a chance to visit this beautiful new venue in a charming, historic town.
The Best Western Pioneer Plaza stands on the site of the former Irving Theatre. Built in 1922, the Irving Theatre was the largest live performance/motion picture venue in Lackawanna County, PA. Forging toward its revitalization, the City of Carbondale embraces the new hotel & banquet hall and is looking forward to seeing Main Street come to life once again.
“Polka has sadly become a lost art. We hope to keep this unique cultural tradition alive in our area,” says Ownership Partner Kathy Troiani. “It is a vital part of our heritage & there are still many folks who look forward to these dances.”
The Best Western Pioneer Plaza opened its doors on May 17, 2014 with 61 Best Western branded hotel rooms. The 6000 sq. ft. Chandelier Ballroom opened a few months later in October 2014 with the opening Ambers Bar & Restaurant following on November 11, 2014. The long-awaited completion of this project was highly anticipated by many with the groundbreaking occurring over 6 years ago. Many believe it is the key to a vibrant & thriving future in the downtown.
With hopes that the first ever Polka Night is a huge success, the Pioneer Plaza is looking forward to hosting not only more Polka Nights, but also events such as Ballroom & Line Dancing in the future.
Tickets for the event are $12. Overnight Polka Packages are also available & include Mother’s Day Brunch. The Best Western Pioneer Plaza is located at 25 South Main Street in Carbondale, PA. For more information please contact Lisa Criscera at 570-536-6020 ext. 513 or e-mail Lisa.Criscera@thepioneerplaza.com.