- Edward Siepiola Passes OnPosted 3 days ago
- February Horoscope!Posted 4 days ago
- Poland Under FirePosted 3 weeks ago
- Cream Cheese Brownie PiePosted 3 weeks ago
- University of Mass Dropping Polka MusicPosted 3 weeks ago
- What 2016 Has In Store For You….Posted 1 month ago
- Florida Polka Party In 2016!Posted 2 months ago
- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 3 months ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 3 months ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 3 months ago
Baseball In Poland
Over twenty years ago the President of the Polish National Youth Baseball Foundation (PNYBF), Stanley Kokoska of Willimantic CT, introduced baseball to the children of Poland. The PNYBF is a 501 c-3 not for profit organization.
Today baseball in Poland includes teams from T Ball to Senior Babe Ruth teams and beyone. This has been accomplished by a handful of dedicated volunteers who love our American sport. Thanks to donations of gloves, bats, balls, uniforms, etc. the children of Poland are able to have a sport alternative to their national sport of soccer.
In March of this year the 13th International Tournament was held in Dzialdowo, Poland, with boys and girls coming from the Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania, Moldova, Slovakia and Belarus to participate. The President of Poland donated the crystal trophy that went to the winning team.
These are poor boys and girls who have embraced our National Sport. We have many great coaches in Poland who have been trained by Coach Zdzislaw Ziolkowski of Dzialdowo. Each year more and more boys and girls are playing baseball and softball, thanks to his efforts.
This year we are expanding our baseball field in Dzialdowo so that it can be used for all ages. The children will be able to play T Ball, Little League, Babe Ruth and Senior Baseball. It will cost approximately $15,000.00 to expand the field to accommodate all teams.
If you would like to help us you can make your check out to P.N.Y.B.F. and mail it to 222 Ocean Drive East, Stamford, CT 06902. All donations will be acknowledged and are tax deductible to the extent of the law. If you would like to sponsor a baseball field call me at 203-323-9944. Support our national sport in Poland and help the children.
By Al Koproski