- Check out WYD 2016 video!Posted 1 day ago
- Check Out July Horoscope!Posted 1 week ago
- Every Summer Has A StoryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Time To Stand Behind The PolicePosted 2 weeks ago
- Centennial Committee Sponsors Historical TripPosted 3 weeks ago
- First Ever English Language PodcastPosted 1 month ago
- Check out the latest “Student Voice”Posted 5 months ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 9 months ago
Annual Polonaise Ball: Oh What A Night!
NEW YORK – On October 19th, 2013, good food, great friends and wonderful music made the Hudson Valley Polonaise Society’s annual Polonaise Ball a night to be remembered! From the entrance Polonaise, performed by the Pokolenie dancers, and friends to the door prizes and raffle, it was a remarkable event. With music provided by the Ablemen, this Middletown Elks Lodge event was truly a celebration of Polish Heritage Month.
Entertainment by the Pokolenie dance group was outstanding! One of the musicians commented, “I have been to many festivals and Polka performances, but I have never seen anything like this”. What a compliment! Anyone who has not seen them perform is missing great entertainment. Watching the entire troupe perform the Hopak is memorable! The talent and athleticism of these young people is amazing!
A plaque was presented to the Ablemen in celebration of 50 years in the music business!
Stanley Kocot, Orange County General Pulaski Committee president was honored for 20 years of teaching Polish Language classes, and several birthdays were celebrated.
We welcomed guests from near and far, and look forward to seeing all of you next year.
Submitted by Hilda Ellis