- Veterans Turn Uniforms Into Paper, ArtPosted 3 days ago
- Polka Variety Dance Draws Big Crowd!Posted 4 days ago
- Ten Commandments Victory In OklahomaPosted 1 month ago
- Poland’s PM Tusk Becomes EU PresidentPosted 2 months ago
- The Worst Five Years Since World War IIPosted 2 months ago
- A Caribbean Polka Party In 2014Posted 3 months ago
- Check Out October Horoscope!Posted 4 months ago
- New! 2015: “Polka Dreams @ Sea” Polka CruisePosted 8 months ago
- Check Out Steven’s 2014 ForecastPosted 10 months ago
A Call For Entries:
Human Services Announces Annual Art Contest
Raising Awareness About The Responsibilities of Parenthood
NEW JERSEY – The Department of Human Services’ Division of Family Development will hold its 18th annual Teen Media Contest, which reinforces the Department’s mission to instill an understanding of parental responsibility in teens. The statewide contest is open to all New Jersey middle and high school students.
This year’s challenge to tweens and teens is to illustrate the ways in which their parent/s have instilled the importance of community service and being a well-rounded student. This topic is particularly relevant because so many families have participated in outreach to friends and neighbors who have been impacted by the struggling economy and/or effects of natural disasters.
“The Department has been raising awareness about parental responsibility for enriching a child’s life since it began this contest in 1995,” said Jennifer Velez, Commissioner of the Department of Human Services. “This year we’re especially excited to recognize the role parent(s) play role in fostering a sense of service and balance in their children’s lives.”
All entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, April 5, 2013. Staff from the Division of Family Development and its Office of Child Support Services will judge the contest. Winners will receive U.S. Savings Bonds and certificates of achievement during a springtime awards ceremony.
Register your school by logging on to www.NJTeenMedia.org or by contacting Shachar Sharon at 973-286-8293 or Shachar.email@example.com.
For more information about child support services, call 1-877-NJKIDS1 or visit www.njchildsupport.org.