- Freddy K Jr. Scholarship Award Presented To Eva SnyderPosted 15 hours ago
- Check Out December Horoscope!Posted 15 hours ago
- Vatican Embassy Move Pure PoliticsPosted 15 hours ago
- Custom Jewelry… Perfect For Christmas!Posted 2 weeks ago
- New Crossword Puzzle for NovemberPosted 1 month ago
- CIA Prison In PolandPosted 1 month ago
- Free Popcorn With Ad!Posted 2 months ago
- “Save The Music” Says Lenny GomulkaPosted 2 months ago
$9,000 In Prize Money For Chopin Competition
The Kosciuszko Foundation is looking for gifted young pianists to enter its 64th Annual Chopin Competition. The Competition offers great money prizes: $5,000, $2,500, and $1,500. In addition, the winners are commissioned for concerts at the Foundation’s Chapters: New England, Texas, Chicago, Ohio, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Washington DC, Western New York, which guarantees great exposure throughout the US.
Furthermore, by entering the Competition, pianists are following the path of the magnificent Van Cliburn, who was the first prize winner in 1952 and six years later became the famous American who won the International Tchaikovsky Piano Competition in Moscow at the height of the Cold War.
To enter please fill out the application, and send it to the KF before the deadline (Sept. 20, 2013). You can obtain the application by going to the website: www.thekf.org or call (212) 734-2130. You can also write to The Kosciuszko Foundation, 15 East 65th Street, New York, NY 10065.
If you are not a pianist, and want to be involved, help us spread the word to music schools around the country.
This year we opened the competition for musicians from Poland. We also changed the age requirements. The applicants should be between 16 and 26 year old.
(NOTE: The Preliminaries will be held on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10 AM, KF House in Manhattan, and finals will be held Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10 AM, KF House.