- Polkamotion 2015 Was Another Success!Posted 1 week ago
- Saint John Paul II Day!Posted 1 week ago
- Hear Senator Mikulski’s Speech!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Cherry Coffee CakePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ambassador Condemns Terrorist AttacksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nativity Scene Should StayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mikulski, Presidential Medal of Freedom HonoreePosted 2 weeks ago
- Check Out November Horoscope!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Book Authored By Polish Holocaust SurvivorPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2015 IPA Polka Music AwardsPosted 1 month ago
2013 Clifton Veterans Day Parade
CLIFTON, NJ – The 2013 Clifton Veterans Day parade will kickoff at 2 PM from the Athenia Veterans Post, Huron Avenue in Clifton on Sunday, November 10. The parade will be celebrating the 60th anniversary of the end of the Korean War.
The Clifton High School Marching Band will again lead the parade along with bands from surrounding cities, marchers from Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Avenue of Flags volunteers, American Legion and VFW posts, military transports and floats with many veterans.
The parade route will take the marchers up Huron Avenue to Van Houten Avenue to the City Hall Complex where the annual tribute to our Veterans will commence. The 1572 flags, raised by the Avenue of Flags volunteers, will greet guests and remain up until 4 PM Monday, November 11.
Organizations who would like to participate may call organizer Keith Oakley at 201 774-6666. Please support the parade by greeting the marchers along the parade route and at city hall. Clifton is one of the few cities still conducting a parade because of the dedication of volunteers who raised the needed funds. Please support the efforts of these volunteers and line the parade route and cheer them on.
Volunteers are needed to raise the 1572 flags on Sunday, November 10 at 7AM and taken down on Monday at 4 PM. The Avenue of Flags started by John Biegel is in its 11th year and continues to be a beautiful sight.
Have you ever passed the Avenue of Flags and seen them flying in the wind? Be a part of this breathtaking sight and join the dedicated volunteers on Sunday, November 10. See you then and see you at the parade. If you have any questions on the parade, please call co-ordinator Keith Oakley at 201-774-6666 or for any questions on the Avenue of Flags call John Biegel at 973-519-0858.